Skip to content ↓



A Level - New: Available From September 2024

Driven by the incredible success of the GB team at recent Olympic and Paralympic Games, Sport and Physical Education in the UK have never been in such a strong position.  

The practical element of this course will provide you with the opportunity to appreciate and analyse practical performance both as a player and a spectator/coach. The theoretical element will provide you with a wide range of knowledge and skills that can be applied to the understanding and development of Sport at many levels.  


The practical and coursework element are worth 30% of the final grade and three modular exams make up the other 70%.  

Where Next 

Many students go on to undertake Higher Education courses such as Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology, whilst others follow the Sports Development and Coaching route. 

More Information 

For more information about this course please see the specification below or contact the Sixth Form team.